Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sleepless in K-Town

SLEEP. We have always been blessed here. MM is one of the rare ASD kids who sleeps. Well, she WAS one of the rare ones. She has been off school since Wednesday. I am used to her getting up early. She goes to be around 6:30pm, gets up between 6-6:30am. She also sometimes gets up at 5:30 when I am getting ready for work. However, everyday that she has been off, she has gotten up succeedingly earlier. Yes, today it was FOUR AM! Yes, 4AM on a Sunday! I hope this is just a fluke & that the cold she has is bothering her along with messed up routine & Mommy being "sick" all week. We bought her a light up LED clock for her room and told her she should sleep until 6:30AM. I hope this works. If not, I am going to have to start going to bed at 8pm so I can get 8 hours of sleep. YUCK. I already go to bed around 9 or 9:30pm cause I have to get up for work at 5:15. I just do not function well without decent sleep. YAWN. I am ready for bed now...

3 comments:

Ally in Wonderland said...

Hello! I just found your blog through New Kind Of Normal and haven't been able to stop reading! I am graduating in May going to be a SpEd teacher, just like Ms. X, only I'm hoping to be better and much nicer. Feel free to stop by and leave any advice or stories. I'll be coming back to read about MM!! Thanks for sharing, all those "rants" are helping me learn.

Colleen said...

Zach has been the same way...I am thinking it is the change in the sunlight...he used to wake up right about when the sun came up...now that it is darker i think he is confused...HE has also been getting up sometimes as early as 3am...but I have been able to get him back to bed except for one night.

Good luck!

Ellen Seidman said...

Oh, you poor thing! Going to bed at 8 would stink—when would you ever have any time for yourself then?! I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, I've been staying up till 1 and 2 these past few weeks. Somehow still functional...

Take care. Love the tree!