Friday, November 28, 2008

Good News, Bad News

Sorry I haven't updated yet. I have been zonked out on benadryl since Monday.

The good news first: The procedure went well. I did not have to have a stent or angioplasty. They only found a mild stenosis in the one kidney & it isn't anything to fix yet. There was nothing wrong with my aorta! The ultrasound thing was wrong! Bizarre, I know. All that worrying & stressing for nothing. Your prayers really worked! Thanks a bunch!

The bad news: I got a horrible allergic reaction from the dye they had to use. Even though they premedicated me, I am a giant rash ball. Also, sadly, we are back to square one in regards to my blood pressure. They now think it might be my central sinuses being so blocked contributing to it. I will be able to get my surgery on those soon. If that doesn't work, I will be worked up to have a type of pump placed to help regulate it. I just want off of all these meds!

We had a pretty good little Thanksgiving. My mom got called off, so she came over & made the turkey, saving DH from having to fix it. MM was very excited. She kept talking about our feast & was very excited to help make the turkey. When asked what she was thankful for she said "I'm thankful for you Nana and Mommy and Daddy".
Cue the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".

She did really amazing in her little play on Tuesday, which I was very happy to get to go to. I will try to upload a little pic & video of it soon. She did really well & we all had tears in our eyes for her. My heart was ready to burst with pride & love.

Hope those of you out shopping right now got some amazing deals. I still am not allowed to drive. Blah! I should be back in commission starting Sunday & hopefully DH gets his Christmas bonus today so we can get busy shopping! I also hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I did for I felt really blessed this year with MM doing well, my wonderful family & the good news I got earlier in the week. We often take our health for granted and should be thankful for it.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I am so glad you got such good news earlier in the week and there is nothing wrong with your aorta! Good luck with your surgery...hope that will help with everything and you will not need anything more!

I am glad you had such a nice thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Amen! And Allejuiah!
Barbara

Ellen Seidman said...

PHEW. I am so glad, not least of which is that you seemed so beside yourself with worrying. I am sorry about the rash, but that will heal soon. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving, you deserved it! MM, too. And don't worry about missing Black Friday, because stores are offering truly amazing deals all month long, I keep reading newspaper articles about that.

Max said the word "turkey" which made my day!