Monday, April 6, 2009

A GOLDEN TICKET

Well, not really a golden ticket, but an egg. Yes, a golden egg. I know you are wondering why I am posting about a golden egg. Of course it is cause Easter is coming up. But a golden egg... so special.

My sweet girl got to participate in an egg hunt on Saturday. They divided up the groups. They let us out the door first so she wouldn't get trample by the others. She slowly went about her business, having me help her look for eggs. As she would look, some of her eggs would fall out. I tried to get them as best as I can, but the other children kept taking them. The other children were running all over, snatching eggs as fast as they could. We moved off to the far side of the hunt, finding a quiet area with some eggs. She found a soccer ball egg, she found a pink egg, she found a purple egg. Then, off to the side in the grass, she saw a sparkle. She reached down & grabbed it. It was a large golden egg. She remembered the leader saying you wanted to find a golden egg before sending them out on the hunt. What did the egg mean?

She won a BIKE! The grand prize at the hunt. I was so proud of her & so excited for her that I started to cry when they told us what she won. She kept saying over & over "I found the golden egg, got a bike!". She can't ride it. She sits on it & we push her around. She is so happy to have a typical bike. The church was very excited to have a SNK win the egg hunt. It made their day, although sometimes people mean well but say some weird things. She will have her photo up at their church.

So, the moral of this story is slow & steady DOES win the race!

***have pics to post but can't due to the viral illness of my lappy****

4 comments:

Rich said...

That is wonderful!!! Can't quite compare to the accessible van Cole won his family, but hey... Start small! Any thing FREE is good in my book...

Ally in Wonderland said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MM!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR GETTING THAT GOLDEN EGG AWAY FROM ALL THOSE OTHER LITTLE EGG STEALERS!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

and WHERE did you get your background....I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!

Ally in Wonderland said...

Ok, so I found them (THANK YOU!!) but I can't get the backgroud to work. The white part of my current page covers up the ribbon and the words, so it just looks like a rainbow background....not as cool. How do I get that to go away?

Ally in Wonderland said...

Never mind, got it!