Friday, December 19, 2008

Should I or Shouldn't I?

I know I really have a lot on my plate. I also work full time on top of doing all the extras we have to do with MM. However, when I opened my email this morning, there was a message from autism speaks. They need a chapter advocate in this area to help get the ball rolling in the new congressional session for insurance. As you can tell, I am very passionate about ASD & fighting insurance has been something I have become very good at. I think that things need to be fair cause the people who are on Medicaid (actually TennCare) here get all kinds of services. I, who work & am a state employee, have to pay out the nose for EVERYTHING and get very limited services. Now, don't get me wrong, I have better insurance than most. However, things need to be fair & easier to for people to get help. I really feel a conviction in my heart to reply to this & see what happens. Can I put one more thing on my plate? Any advice here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it if you have the time! Same holds true for me. Since I have private insurance, I get less benefits and services and I pay out the nose year after year.

Ellen Seidman said...

I'd say go for it, but I am also wondering if there is another local parent or two you can partner with so you don't have to shoulder the entire thing. I'll bet there is.

I am also very good at fighting insurance. An expert, in fact. My big mouth sure has come in handy.