Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Feeling Grinchy

It is hard to have Christmas cheer when you have to work 12 hour shifts the 2 days before & the weekend after. I only have Christmas day off. I had to run around like a fool yesterday trying to get everything done. This is the first year MM is really into the Holidays, I mean REALLY into it. She has watched the Grinch more times than I can count along with Charlie Brown & Shrek the Halls. I keep asking her if we are "Knoxes" since we live in Knoxville cause the Who's in Whoville. LOL
It is going to suck missing out on all the little things she wants to do the eve. We bought a plate for Santa's cookies, which we also made yesterday. Did you know Santa loves sparkles (sprinkles)? I have never seen a cookie with so many "sparkles" in all my life- nearly half a bottle! She will set them out with her Dad along with a glass of milk. She bought carrots yesterday, the ones with the green stuff on them. She wants to set those out for Rudolf & his friends (which she then goes on to name every time). She has the Reindeer Mix of oats & sparkles (glitter) to put out on the lawn so he sees our house. I will miss evening pajamas. I will miss pulling off the last paper link on the bell she made, counting down how many sleeps till Christmas. I will miss out on her excitement cause I will be working. She will be in bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in her head before I get home.

All of this has put me in a really foul mood. Why can't I be a SAHM? Boohoohoo

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I am so sorry you have to work! Maybe when you get home you could ring some bells and wake her up for a bit saying you think santa came or something...try to focus on the day you will have together! I hope Christms day is great!

kristi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I had to work so much over the holidays that I called in today just to spend time with my kids.