Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I WANT to be a SAHM!!!

UGH! I had such a horrible week with work last week. I sometimes enjoy my job, but not as much as I used to. I also HATE how many people have been dying lately. It seems like all the nice ones die and the trashy ones just keep on keepin' on. I guess the old adage is true- you can't kill a roach. The measly raises we get don't help either. They are barely enough to keep up with the cost of living & they raise the insurance way high each year. I work more for the insurance now. The job is so stressful and then the stress of everything at home... what's a girl to do?

I am starting to crack under all this pressure. Whenever I think about all that I do, a sketch from "In Living Color" comes to mind. The one where it was the Jamaican family and they were always talking about "I got fifteen jobs, mon" is the one I think about. I have too many jobs to count- Mom, wife, respiratory therapist, housekeeper, social/case worker, OT, PT, SL/T, ABA therapist, bill payer, errand runner... I could go on. It is way too much and I feel like I need to be at home when I am at work the majority of the time. I am often envious of other moms with SNKs who get to stay home. I so wish to be a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM)!!!

But on some days, (ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone) I am actually GLAD to go to work and get away from things.

And then the guilt sets in....

No comments: