Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Letter to Insurance PART 2

Dear Ci.gna,


I don't really want to say thank you. I just want to let you know IT IS ABOUT TIME! You finally decided to do the right thing. It only took me 3 months, 3 appeals, multiple letters & support notes from myself and the doctors, lots of trips to the doctor for letters, a large amount of hoop jumping, too much stress and too many tears to count. I am sure you were hoping I would go away and not do all the work it required to get my daughter a simple lightweight pediatric wheelchair. WRONG!


After you had a meeting of your Medical Necessity Committee (which I opted to not sit in via conference call cause I let go and let God), you sent a letter to ME (not MM) telling me you will cover her chair. I am assuming the persons on this committee understood Spastic Diplegic Cerebral Palsy. I am quite sure this cost a large amount of extra money and time on your company's behalf. So, the chair will be whatever the price it is PLUS the cost of the 2 RNs & 1 MD on the committe, the cost of the letters (which were overnighted) and the appeals associates time. Not a very good use of resources in my opinion. I now know why my premiums keep going up and yet, you are paying for less. Sounds like your customers need to have a utilization review of your company and deny salary of certain people for creating BS work.


F#$k you very much for all of the added stress in my life. I am quite sure you will be denying my future claims for hypertension and anxiety.

Sincerely,

Meghatrons Mom

I will be writing to Variety, The Children's Charity, to thank them for covering the chair & the chair place will be refunding them their money. (I might need them to pay for her next chair)

Sometimes, it is worth the fight.

1 comment:

Tamara Dawn said...

Health insurance is no fun and you pay so much for it these days =(

Hey you can always email me your button questions! dawnlight1976@msn.com